Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chapman - District 15 Champions, 2nd Year!

I am so, so proud to announce that the Chapman NSAC team, Circle Advertising, has done it again - we won District 15 competition for the second year in a row!
This week has been insanely busy preparing for competition. As one of four "hippers," or someone who has all of the answers to the judges' questions in her "hip pocket," it was my job to go through the book and find every hole in our plan and brainstorm a solution that we could present to the judges. Some of the questions our "hipper" team uncovered actually were asked, so it was very fortunate we prepared as well as we did!
One thing I constantly face in interviews is the question of whether or not I am experienced. Many interviewers don't fully understand what NSAC does - we create a comprehensive campaign from start to finish. I might be on the PR department, but I take part in every aspect, from research to promotions to creative to media. PR is just what I put the most time into. NSAC is the essential experience that employers don't even know they're looking for. And now I have two beautiful plans books that I can say placed first in their district, one of them fourth in the nation, and hope they complement my attempt to explain the experience this has given me.
NSAC is by far the smartest choice I've made since starting my college career at Chapman. It's one thing to sit and listen to professionals, take notes and imagine how you can apply the pointers one day; it's entirely another to listen to the professionals and then go do what they're doing, but with their guidance. Someone from Y&R isn't going to give someone from DraftFCB pointers on how they can improve or spill the secrets to success they've learned, so this is us taking advantage of it while we still can.
I'm so proud of our team and the work we accomplished. It makes everything feel so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment