Thursday, April 8, 2010

"The Most Influential Cause Marketing Campaigns"

Lists like these are fascinating to me. It was interesting to read this article because many of the companies listed, are ones we used as our case studies for our NSAC PR Department. Project (RED) is one of my very favorite cause marketing campaigns, one of the few organizations I'm completely faithful to. They have such creative partnership ideas that are still grounded - Apple, Starbucks, the Gap - all companies that communicate with an apathetic demographic (the 18-25 year-olds) and create a passion to give back to a cause. Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty is another I admire, because it has been so resilient against media backlash and nay sayers. It might be a double standard because the corporation perpetuates the very media exposures it is trying to change via Axe, but the effort and marketing is remarkable. This article had some great older examples as well, highly recommended to the PR/Cause Marketing buffs out there (like me!)

http://adage.com/goodworks/post?article_id=142037

Fun fact of how I know I'm a PR junkie: I saw a Jack Daniel's safe drinking and driving advertisement at an Angels game... I clapped, looked to one of my friends and said, "Oh, I love corporate responsibility."

No comments:

Post a Comment