Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Face Time Beyond Facebook"

One of my biggest hurdles in social media has been mixing business and personal life. I want to put my professional opinions on Facebook, but the majority of the people who have access to my Facebook are my friends. I want to put communicate with friends through Twitter, but then feel bad for the people following me who see my back-and-forth. Learning to balance life on one platform with another has been a challenging task, one I sometimes fail to upkeep.

The bottom line, I've found, is that the rules for Twitter and Facebook are generally this: if you wouldn't tell your audience in person about this topic, you probably shouldn't post it on your page. I wouldn't tell my sister or parents about the exciting spike in location-based social media; I wouldn't tell all of my colleagues and professionals in my industry about how bored I am on the weekend. This is one of my social media weaknesses that I am working to rectify.

Enjoy the original article from the Bulldog Reporter below:

http://bit.ly/9Lpi2l

No comments:

Post a Comment