Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Playing Music Matchmaker

I'm a music junkie. I love all kinds of music. I can lose hours of my life on hypem.com, searching for my favorite artists and then regaling in the blog results I get and listening to artists other people like. Now that I've met some people whose music I enjoy and whom I believe in, I'd love to get them started online and see if I can get their music out there. Mashable, very appropriately, turned up this article when I was searching the archives and has given me a bit of direction as to where I can help this band go from here!

http://mashable.com/2009/02/19/musician-marketing-tools/

When I saw Last.Fm made the list, I was very excited, because I'm so familiar with that platform. Having over 14,000 scrobbles (no judgement!) I'm a bit of a Last.Fm veteran. The other arenas are new to look into.

I'm a firm believer in doing what you love - I love to help people, and I love music. This is going to be a beautiful challenge for me and hopefully helpful to the artists I respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment