Monday, April 19, 2010

iPhone 4G... Oh hello there!

I was very unsurprised to wake up this morning and find that the iPhone had been leaked. As a bit of a tech nerd, I was intrigued, but moreso in Apple's response to the situation rather than the device itself. Being as I'm on Verizon and have no hope of acquiring an iPhone any time soon, I set to looking at Apple's PR response and found... none. At least thus far.

"If you've ever had the misfortune of dealing with Apple's PR people, you know the company treats information about its products the same way Kathy Bates' character in Misery treats authors." (http://bit.ly/bW53tX)

Some bloggers seem to think that this was a marketing ploy, by Apple, to bring attention to the new iPhone and get people hyped for it. However, I doubt this to be true.

The product itself seems to be very new and complex. This could be as bad for Apple as the iPad... that customers get a sneak peak, build it up into something it isn't, and then find nothing but disappointment when it actually gets released. What Apple would be smart to do in its response, is to make sure to confirm or deny the Gizmodo feature speculations.

When I got to Apple's website a few minutes ago, ready to read their response, I found nothing. I'm really anxious to see what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment